Atlantic Beach is tiny in size, but summers pack in big fun with several pristine private beaches, beach clubs, outdoor tennis, fine dining, and low key bars.
Things to do in the summer and nice weather:
- Swim and relax in the sun at the beach (residents of the village, and guests only)
- Surf or paddle-board in the Atlantic Ocean, and gear up at the Atlantic Beach Surf Shop for a wide selection of surfboards, wet suits, clothing, and beach supplies
- Walk or bike ride on the boardwalk between the beach and Ocean Blvd
- Play tennis at the Atlantic Beach Tennis Center, no membership required
- Swim, sauna, lounge, and dine at the beach clubs – Catalina Beach Club, Clear Water Beach Club, Sunny Atlantic Beach Club, The Shores at Atlantic Beach, New York Beach Club, The Ocean Club, The Sands, Silver Point Beach Club
Things to do year round or in rainy weather:
- Dine or have a drink at Dino’s Villa Mare, Beginnings Bar & Restaurant, Gio’s, or Das Biergarten
- Bring the party home at Atlantic Beach Wines
- Workout, pilates, and kickboxing at the Atlantis Personal Training gym
- Get a mani, pedi, or facial at Atlantic Nail and Spa
- Go antiquing at Sea City Vintage
- Attend prayer services at the only house of worship in town, The Jewish Center of Atlantic Beach (Orthodox Synagogue)
Things to do near Atlantic Beach:
Visit neighboring Long Beach for many choices of dining, nightlife, shopping, a movie theater, and more. Long Beach also has a boardwalk, and beaches where non-residents can purchase day passes.
Visit the five-towns across the bridge, home to one of the largest Orthodox Jewish communities in the United States. There you will find many Kosher restaurants, supermarkets, synagogues, yeshivas, Judaica stores, and more.
For big box retailers such as Costco, Lowes, Burlington, and Dollar Tree, visit Rockaway Turnpike in nearby Inwood.